Working together, we can make a difference.
#YLAIFortalece la Comunidad
Trabajando juntos, podemos causar la diferencía.
The YLAI Network is starting an initiative to raise awareness of the benefits of social responsibility, for organizations and individuals. Social responsibility means taking positive action to give back to your community in measurable ways. Community service and organizing are key aspects of leadership development and an integral part of the YLAI Network. We will explore strategies and resources that help small business and social entrepreneurs to address local needs. The culmination of this initiative will be acts of service across Latin America and the Caribbean, highlighting the ways that Network members impact their communities and are leaders of positive change.
Together, we hope to help create more opportunities for men and women in the YLAI Network to give back to their communities and recognize social responsibility as strategic part of growing their businesses.
Remember: working together, we can make a difference.
We invite you to join the #YLAIEmpowers Communities effort and other members of the YLAI Network to work together to empower communities through action.
There are many ways to participate:
- Share the #YLAIEmpowers Communities announcement on Facebook and Twitter.
- Take the Community Organizing for Action online course.
- Show how you’ll take action! Join the #YLAIEmpowers Communities digital initiative, and tell us what you are doing. A reporting form will be emailed to the YLAI Network to collect your stories.
- Find #YLAIEmpowers Communities events near you! Check out our map of recent and upcoming events organized by YLAI Network members.
- Share using the hashtag #YLAIEmpowers and encourage your friends, family, and networks to join and share as well!
- Read the latest YLAI Network content, including blogs and videos about issues related to social responsibility.
- Create your own Personal Volunteer Development Plan to find the best opportunity related to your own vision, goals, skills and passion.
#YLAIEmpowers Communities Toolkit
(También en español.)
Join us for #YLAIEmpowers Communities digital initiative! We are celebrating volunteerism, community service, and servant leadership as key aspects of leadership development, and it is a great opportunity to organize a volunteer event to benefit your community.
Giving back to the community is something that can be done by individuals, but can be even more powerful when undertaken by businesses and other community groups. In particular, community engagement can be hugely beneficial for businesses because it provides an opportunity to connect with community members outside the usual selling context.
In this YLAI Empowers Communities Toolkit (también en español), you will find helpful prompts for thinking about how to plan an event: the type of event you would like to hold, the logistics of the event, and opportunities for continuing to engage with your volunteers after your event.
#YLAIEmpowers Communities Graphics
Share Social Media Banners and Photo Overlays: